Discover VIGILO NMS
OF YOUR INFORMATION SYSTEM
Vigilo NMS is based on several open source components recognized for his performance monitoring. Based on these unit components, Vigilo NMS offers a complete solution for the most demanding staffs.
- real time monitoring the health of your information system (network, equipment, systems and applications)
- quickly and effectively analyze the cause of an incident in order to act accordingly
- research, investigate, compare, correlate in order to identify the causes of a dysfunction or anticipate it
- store and index metrology data for trend analysis and reporting
- organize your operating teams according to their scope of action thanks to a fine management of access rights
- deploy your monitoring system on distributed and/or hierarchical architectures around the Vigilo bus
- design and publish multiple technical or functional report formats
Vigilo NMS modules
Vigilo NMS presents the performance status of your information system in the form of an alert tray and mapping. Thanks to its correlator, it allows intelligent data processing to facilitate understanding and use. Vigilo NMS alerts you in real time whenever a problem occurs on your network.
In the form of graphs or reports, this module allows you to analyze and compare all the data. It is possible to perform trend analysis, capacity planning and SLA calculation. The reports can be exported in office automation format for distribution. Thanks to Vigilo NMS, you can anticipate and investigate availability problems.
All Vigilo NMS data is stored centrally over a configurable period of time. You can access the root causes of an incident but also monitor the evolution of your performance over time. This history also allows you to understand recurring incidents and correct their causes.
Vigilo NMS main features
Network, system and application
Business services monitoring
Remote monitoring : end user experience
Supervision and traps SNMP
Nagios migration to Vigilo NMS
Thin client browser
The largest Vigilo NMS reference is a banking institution with 10,000 branches and more than 25,000 equipments. This scalability is possible thanks to a distributed architecture around the Vigilo NMS bus.
VigiBus: The Vigilo application bus
The AMQP standard
The communication system between Vigilo NMS modules is based on the AMQP protocol. AMQP (Advanced Message Queuing Protocol) is an OASIS standard for application communication supported by many vendors from Microsoft to RedHat. This open, reliable and secure protocol has also spread rapidly without the open source community. It offers many interesting features :
- Flow security (SSL)
- Possibility of redundancy (multi servers)
- Possibility of subscription on the bus
- Advanced routing features
- Load sharing of customers
- Heterogeneity of clients
It is around VigiBus that all Vigilo NMS modules communicate allowing it to adapt to all types of architectures.
Thanks to the AMQP bus, Vigilo NMS can operate in hypervision mode. Vigilo NMS's specificities for managing hypervision are as follows:
- Possibility to use the Vigilo NMS bus to register the different connectors
- Ability to build and deploy configuration via XML files that allows configuration automation
- Possibility at the event tray level to add columns to differentiate the different supervisors (for example)
- Possibility offered by the architecture to manage very large parks
In a large park it is important to correlate the different events. If two servers are behind a router who broken down, it is important to know how to associate the router failure with the "non-visibility" of the two servers and not to alarm supervisors about the status of the servers. We may also want to correlate supervisory information with external information. Thus, a failure on a router of a bank branch that is occasionally closed will have a lower priority than the same failure in an open branch. The latest generation of our correlation engine uses Python rules who offers a wide range of customization options.